My Life: Week Three.

 Wednesday was one of the days with my family that I would consider pretty damn close to "perfect." I woke up and was able to get Milo off to school without having to drag Jonah out into the cold, treated Kevin & I to Starbucks (a coconut milk caramel macchiato for me and an iced cinnamon coconut milk macchiato for him - what a mouthful....) and then we all picked up Milo from school and went to have a late breakfast/early lunch. Seriously, simple outings with my boys are my favorite. Jonah, of course, refused to sit in his high chair but it was nice to have him sitting next to me.




 My mom kept the kids for me Saturday to Sunday and it was nice to be able to have some time to myself. When I would have nights alone in the past, I always found myself aching for an adventure whether it be a bar, a movie, whatever. I had to be doing something wild and fun because it was almost as if I felt that those hours alone were all I'd ever get and I had to fill them with experience. Now looking back, I realize that's it was simply me not knowing how to be content with doing "nothing." I didn't know how to be alone any more, but I'm learning to enjoy my own presence a lot more these days and the moments that I do get, I'm trying to make for me. I don't care if it's a nap, a tv show that I want to watch, 30 minutes of reading... it's being alone that I want. I'm actually finding comfort in it. This year I want to go see a film alone and venture out to a coffee shop or a cafe by myself with a book. I want to find comfort in things that I once found uncomfortable and be confident standing alone.







 The high chair is turning into a chunky piece of furniture that just seems to get in the way more than it gets used. Jonah is too wild and has no desire to be restrained for anything let alone eating toast. So we wander the rooms, look at the pictures on the walls and I fight to keep the dog from stealing his food. He enjoys the freedom and I enjoy watching him and trying to figure out what gears are turning in that little brain of his. He doesn't stop. Honestly, ever. Some people think I exaggerate when I mention how hard and demanding his being is and I enjoy when someone finally has the balls to tell me that I'm right. I wonder if he's this way out of curiosity and restlessness or because he's having to share the attention with others? I'll never know, but I'll never tire of how sweet and silly he is.'







 This boy is the opposite. He can sit quietly and color, look through pictures, focus on a game or legos. He wants to do right and be grown and be free and as much as I worried about him starting school and growing up, I raised a fine kid. He's genuinely kind and can charm you just as quick as he can test your patience. And when I say that, it's never in a mean way. He would never want to hurt your feeling or make you angry - unless you're Jonah of course. I hope he doesn't lose his softness. I hope that he still holds my hand when he sleeps in my bed with me. I hope I still have a few more years of slumber parties and daily "I love you"s and cuddles and him wanting to tag along with me wherever I go. He really is my best friend. He's everything I could have hoped for in a child. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he came into my life at the perfect time. I never knew how much I needed him.








Hat? Check.
Backpack? Check.
Diaper full of pee that I refuse to be changed? Check.

I don't know where he tries to run off to every time he puts his backpack on and heads for the door, but I'd better invest in a deadbolt that is too high for his reach...



Bath time is more fun when you have a sibling to splash around with.



I love their love.
 Less tv, more books this week. More puzzles. More conversations. More quality time. More dance parties. More learning. More singing. More snuggling.


Lots and lots of love.



Albus. Or as I like to call him, "Ass-hole"






Lots and lots of deliciousness was consumed this week! 


Mini baklava cheesecake from the Butter Bear Shop

We ventured to a bakery that I've been dying to try after stalking it on instagram for months - Butter Bear Shop in Livonia! It makes me even more excited to move that way because that means that I'd be closer to some beautiful and tasty treats, like these. They had homemade cinnamon buns, raisen bread, brownies, cookies, decadent cakes and the owner was everything I had hoped she would be and more. She was so kind and sweet and came out from behind the counter to interact with my kids. I'm in love. And the baklava cheesecake on the left? They have large ones. And I will buy one this year.
The cutest macarons that I've ever laid eyes on.






The boys really enjoyed the macarons and how could you not? I'm not a big macaron person but I couldn't resist buy a half dozen once I adorable they were. Honestly, I didn't even want to eat the bear ones because they're so appealing.











 I found this pasta recipe on Shutterbean and I had to run to the store within a day to gather my ingredients. It was one of the top three best pasta dishes I've ever had. And I can't believe I was able to make it at home in my kitchen... swoon!










My $137 Barned & Noble haul... I shouldn't be allowed in there unsupervised. I did get a lot though and I am making a strong effort to read more books my authors of color. 


Ended my solo night with a hot bath with epsom songs and the most relaxing playlist that I happen to be currently listening to now.

Avril 14th - Aphex Twin
River - Leon Bridges
Alps - Novo Amor
Cicadas And Gulls - Feist
Promise - Ben Howard
The Night We Met - Lord Huron
Each Coming Night - Iron & Wine
Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky
White Mystery - Minus the Bear
Faux - Novo Amor
Truly Madly Deeply - Yoke Lore
Romulus - Sufjan Stevens
When Love Loves Alone - Madison Cunningham
Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
Be That Easy - Sade
Why- Andrew Bird


01.14.2019 - 01.20.2019

Comments

Popular Posts